Auto Turners

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ChickenTender63, Nov 5, 2008.

1. ChickenTender63

ChickenTender63 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Alamance, NC
    Could someone please post a pic or two of their automatic turners for the bators please.

I am going to be building a cabinet style wooden bator and I am curious of how to set-up an auto turner. I have never seen one, so am curious if I can build something myself, or if I need to buy and modify something to use.

Thanks for the help!

2. island.girlie

island.girlie Chillin' With My Peeps

I would be happy to show you mine, only I received a bunk one from Home Barn and Basics [​IMG] I returned it immediately via priority mail, and they sent a working one "parcel post to Hawaii", which means I'm in for a LONG wait till it arrives. I'm so bummed! I wish I would have known so I can pay the difference :eek: I've only been able to hand turn them twice a day rather than 3-4. Is this going to ruin my 49 pure bred eggs? [​IMG]

3. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
  4. ChickenTender63

Sep 28, 2008
    Alamance, NC
    island.girlie :

I would be happy to show you mine, only I received a bunk one from Home Barn and Basics [​IMG] I returned it immediately via priority mail, and they sent a working one "parcel post to Hawaii", which means I'm in for a LONG wait till it arrives. I'm so bummed! I wish I would have known so I can pay the difference :eek: I've only been able to hand turn them twice a day rather than 3-4. Is this going to ruin my 49 pure bred eggs? [​IMG]

I don't know for sure, but I hope it works out for you. Thanks for the info though​

5. ChickenTender63

Sep 28, 2008
    Alamance, NC
    Quote:Thank you for the link. Thats kinda what I was thinking of doing to a point, but wasn't sure. That helps a bunch!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by