Auto turning question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mochicken, Oct 4, 2011.

1. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    I have been trying to see my egg auto turner on my borrowed Janoel JN8 aquarium work to make sure its working but every cant figure it out, it has a two hour timer on the incubator so I was assuming that it leaned another direction every two hours yet I always seem to see it leaning the same direction. Maybe its just luck of the draw that I can not see it turning because I always seem to be preoccupied when the two hour timer hits zero.

I am going to set an alarm on my cell to go off 5 minutes before next time to watch it happen but I was just wondering, do they do it every two hours or is it only so many times a day?

2. they'reHISchickens

they'reHISchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    Reading
    I don't have that brand but ours I think goes in 45 minute intervals. Try timing it for 15 or 20 minutes and see if you notice a change. It's just a tilt from one side to the other.

3. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    LG turners are on a 4 hour turning cycle... I am not sure about what kind you have though...

4. Grog

Grog Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2011
    put a piece of paper or something on top and see if it moves.

5. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    Ok, so I set the alarm and lifted the lid a bit and watched it when it hit zero, it was tilted toward the left when it began, then it tilted right, back left, right, left, then back to right and stayed there. A bit weird but I guess it does it just to keep the embryo moving so it doesnt stick.

Thanks for the information folks [​IMG]

6. mrs b. bates farm

mrs b. bates farm Out Of The Brooder

Oct 2, 2011
    i am hand turning mine..how,long between turn should i wait?

7. Grog

Grog Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2011
    turn 3X a day.

I turn at about 9am, 4pm, and midnight

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by