automatic coop door opener/closer

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by nyumbakuku, Apr 4, 2018.

1. nyumbakuku

nyumbakuku Chirping

Apr 25, 2015
    A friend's husband created an electric coop door opener/closer for her coop so that she would not have to be there in the AM and PM to open and close the doors. Her chickens have no problem with it and they set the timer to change with the season/light.

Unfortunately, he is a handyman and electrician and creating their device wasn't that hard for him. I am not that handy and am looking for something i can buy or one that someone has and is ready to part with.

anyone have an idea or suggestion? Thanks!!

2. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Chiseler

Apr 13, 2011
    Fox Valley, IL
    My Coop
    I've had a pullet shut door for at least 5 years; it gets down to 10 or 15 below zero here in the winter, quite hot and humid in the summer. No problems, very reliable.

3. Dianascarincio

Dianascarincio Hatching

May 4, 2018
    We installed the new COOP Controls made by Ghost Controls and it works absolutely fantastic! Nothing better than not having to worry about my girls or feel like I have to close them in by dark. We can go out of town and not worry. It makes having Chickens feel almost effortless! If you don't have it you should consider getting it, you won't be sorry.

https://coopcontrols.com

4. nyumbakuku

nyumbakuku Chirping

Apr 25, 2015
    Thanks for your comments. I got the Pullet shut door and it is working GREAT! thanks,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: