Automatic coop door recommendations

JulieBeth07

Songster
Apr 20, 2020
Fort Pierce, FL
Hey yall! Looking for advice on a automatic coop door. So I'm coming to you the experts for help, again. What have yall used? Which ones are worth it? What specifics should I look for?

We have a flock of 33 total, chickens and ducks... and we do not have power ran out to the coop. So it would either need to be battery/solar operated. Thanks in advance for your help!!

Thats one I was looking into. One product has wooden tracks (deluxe) and the other was made of quite a bit of plastic (extreme)... so I wasn't sure. I like that you can set the timer on those.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201206-174340_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20201206-174340_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20201206-174358_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20201206-174358_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20201206-174547_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20201206-174547_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 9
Hey yall! Looking for advice on a automatic coop door. So I'm coming to you the experts for help, again. What have yall used? Which ones are worth it? What specifics should I look for?

We have a flock of 33 total, chickens and ducks... and we do not have power ran out to the coop. So it would either need to be battery/solar operated. Thanks in advance for your help!!
I just bought the pullet-shut door. Still getting it set up.
I have it on electricity but it comes in a solar version.
I didn't want a guillotine door. And I liked the 15 inches in height.
It's easy to use if you just want it to open at sunrise and close at dusk. Setting it on a different time schedule was a bit confusing but I think I got it figured out now.
I like that you can set the door to open later than sunrise by 30, 60 or 90 mins.

I just bought the pullet-shut door. Still getting it set up.
I have it on electricity but it comes in a solar version.
I didn't want a guillotine door. And I liked the 15 inches in height.
It's easy to use if you just want it to open at sunrise and close at dusk. Setting it on a different time schedule was a bit confusing but I think I got it figured out now.
I like that you can set the door to open later than sunrise by 30, 60 or 90 mins.
I can't seem to find this one... what brand is this?

I bought the chicken guard and am returning it for the omelet door. The chicken guard has a lot of reviews noting the string stretches over time and if a chicken hits it with their head to rush out the door it tangles leaving them either shut in the coop or exposed overnight. The omelet door has really good reviews from what I gather and is about 100.00 cheaper.
I’ll let you know how it goes once installed.

Back
Top Bottom