Automatic coop doors.

macdoogle

Songster
9 Years
Feb 11, 2010
San Diego
I just ordered an automatic chicken door for my new hen house. Have not received it yet but was wondering what others have and were they got it. I guess I should have asked before ordering mine.

Hi

I have an automatic pop - hole opener, it is great

In the summer I have it on a timer (7am) to subdue the noise for people lucky enough not to have to get up early

The rest of the year it's on dawn opening/dusk closing

I've had it for a couple of years with no problems, the chooks adjusted quickly when we first got it with only one or two 'party' girls being shut out at dusk (I let them in with a reminder of curfew
wink.png
)

It just gives me peace of mind, particularly during the darker times of year when I won't be home until after dark - i know the girls are cosily tucked up in bed

We want to get an automatic door. Please post more on this subject. Company? Where your purchased? Any other details. Thanks Aria

Hi

Sorry, I purchased mine from an English company (I live in Wiltshire (south west region of England - near/in between Bath and Salisbury) - Wells Poultry Housing and Equipment at: -

http://www.chicken-house.co.uk/

An extremley helpful company who also posts on an english poultry forum so is often able to offer practical advice on set up of openers etc

We bought our first one from Wells, too! At the time, we couldn't find any for sale over here. I was surprised at how quickly it came. That's a nice company.

We are putting two manual doors in our coop we are building, but may decide on at least one automatic door eventually, what size are the automatic doors ?

I bought two in Sept., 'cause I was going to Tx for about 2 weeks. I wanted to make it easier on my husband, who was chickens/cat/kitten sitting. I got mine from

Discount Home Automation
DHA
3231 Business Park Drive, Suite 101
VISTA,CA 92083
UNITED STATES
(619) 905-4767

They DO have a website. Google Discount Home Automation.

BTW, I
love.gif
love.gif
mine!!!
Jen

Back
Top Bottom