automatic coop pop door opener

I'd like to see it.
smile.png

I will have to post my design when im done as well.

It will be run on a 12V system with a battery back-up, digital timer and solar if it needs to be off the grid which some do need. As I need one solar and one just on grid.

I would love to see other designs though!

Glad to hear all comments
big_smile.png

I plan to use a cheap AC gearbox motor (US$1.5) with additional reduction gearset (I did DIY resin casting). I've started routing my schematic and will be finished soon.

motorAC2.jpg

singpentingkenek.jpg

Why choosing AC gearbox motor? Because it's cheap, high torque featured, small and i don't need any transformer for my schematic.

I just try to build the automatic door only, no coop available now and i'll build it later if i can move to rural area leaving the dense residential where i live now
lol.png

Last edited:
Well I think with all your high tech wizardry AHWorkshop I don't think your building "old macdonald's farm" I think your trying to build a chicken nation!
lol.png
I'm still waiting if you'll put some stuff up on EBAY! But I'll probably give this idea below, Cause I got Foggy windows... anyway check it out, should be too easy for you!
fl.gif

http://www.dewbuster.com/heaters/heaters.html
frow.gif

Quote:
Oh I wish you knew that i do not have real chicken here ... all is robot
lol.png

I've visited the link ... Hmmm the author is Ron Keating .. seems that i know that name ... he's an aussie singer, isn't he?
ya.gif

Heater using resistors ... i have tried it to egg incubators.. stronger and last longer than incandescent bulbs (>20W with ceramic insulation body). But it needs an aluminium heatsink and some fans. Its not working good on still air incubators.

Using heater for a foggy window? If heat can make it clear, you can just follow that idea. But what window do u mean? the incubator foggy window won't clear with applied heat i think ...
hu.gif

Chicken nation? we have been already in that nation. Here
lau.gif

Ok, lets build our automatic coop pop door opener!!

Good luck my friend, Brims 'Mc. Gyver'
pop.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom