Automatic door brand suggestions

KegEdr

In the Brooder
Oct 25, 2020
I have been searching and having a hard time finding a door that meets all of these needs, if anyone has any suggestions please let me know!
*Automatic door that will open/close with an app or remote so we can open/close from inside our home or while away from home
*Must be battery operated, we don’t have electricity nearby
*Most have this, but want to be sure it has a sensor so it doesn’t open or close when a bird is sitting by it

If it helps, our chicken house is about 100 yards from our house. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Jul 9, 2020
Guthrie, ok
My Coop
I use the Pullet Shut door which is solar and has a battery that will last 2 weeks. It also has a light sensor that opens at sunrise and closes at sunset. It doesn't have "smart" capability, though. At least not the version I bought. There are different options on their site, including 3 different sizes.
https://chickendoors.com/

Big Doggie

Chirping
Mar 23, 2020
Mass
I have been searching and having a hard time finding a door that meets all of these needs, if anyone has any suggestions please let me know!
*Automatic door that will open/close with an app or remote so we can open/close from inside our home or while away from home
*Must be battery operated, we don’t have electricity nearby
*Most have this, but want to be sure it has a sensor so it doesn’t open or close when a bird is sitting by it

If it helps, our chicken house is about 100 yards from our house. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
I have the Omlet door. After 5 months the battery is still 100% and works by timer or photocell. Love it

Pattipullets

In the Brooder
Oct 12, 2020
JVR chicken coop door with safety mechanism. Ours is electric but we have battery backup. It has an app and we also use alexia. It has worked great

KegEdr

In the Brooder
Oct 25, 2020
JVR chicken coop door with safety mechanism. Ours is electric but we have battery backup. It has an app and we also use alexia. It has worked great
So the battery backup can be used instead of plugging it in? Just want to be sure we would be buying the right one. Thank you for the suggestion!

KegEdr

In the Brooder
Oct 25, 2020
I use the Pullet Shut door which is solar and has a battery that will last 2 weeks. It also has a light sensor that opens at sunrise and closes at sunset. It doesn't have "smart" capability, though. At least not the version I bought. There are different options on their site, including 3 different sizes.
https://chickendoors.com/
It looks like these doors all swing open/close and I can see our chickens roosting on the door and pooping all over causing it not to be able to close, lol. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Top Bottom