Automatic door opener

dyorto

Songster
May 27, 2015
Michigan
I've been looking into an automatic door opener. It looks like most of them require you to purchase a thin metal door with it. My coop is new and has a pop door that slides vertically. Is there an opener that can be used with this existing door?

My coop is similar to yours in that I have a vertical wooden pop door that slides up and down. I bought a ChickenGuard. Attached it to the existing door via a pulley. I love it. The best purchase I ever made.

Dom

** Since you are in Michigan I would recommend the "Extreme" version, same one I purchaced, made for extremes in tempatures and can lift up to a 8 lb door. **

Last edited:
We bought a "Add-a-Motor D20 Chicken Door Opener". We bought it from a website but I think they are available on Amazon. Cost around $100. You attach it to your existing door. There are also demos on You Tube.

We've had it for about a year and other than the string breaking once, it's very dependable.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'll look into both of those. I have heard great things about chicken guard, but they are one of the most pricey ones.

My coop is similar to yours in that I have a vertical wooden pop door that slides up and down. I bought a ChickenGuard. Attached it to the existing door via a pulley. I love it. The best purchase I ever made.

Dom

** Since you are in Michigan I would recommend the "Extreme" version, same one I purchaced, made for extremes in tempatures and can lift up to a 8 lb door. **

So happy you love your ChickenGuard, thank you for your business. Always nice to see happy customers. Let us know if you need anything.

Back
Top Bottom