Automatic door recommendations?

Personally I would buy the cheapest because I'm like that, but I know that omlet products are renowned for their quality. I'm following this thread to answer the same question for myself. I've always had manual closers.

I've had the omlet door now for about 2.5 years and have had no issues.

The only downside is that the wood chips sometimes get stuck under the bottom rail where the door slides and it won't close. So I usually check on that every couple days.

I do like that you can set it to open/close automatically with the sunrise and sunset.

Welcome to BYC!!
I have heard good things about Chicken guard. Whatever you chose consider how it will work in your winter climate. Batteries may need replacing more often, components may freeze up or get jammed with snow or ice (or frozen poo). It’s nothing that a daily or every other day inspection won’t solve but worth considering when shopping.

I’ve heard good things about the run chicken one. That’s the one I ordered. Haven’t installed it yet, though. The selling point for me was that it won’t close your chicken in the door. Reviews were great. Looks super easy to install and pretty heavy duty.

I’ve heard good things about the run chicken one. That’s the one I ordered. Haven’t installed it yet, though. The selling point for me was that it won’t close your chicken in the door. Reviews were great. Looks super easy to install and pretty heavy duty.
Update: we got this installed and have been using it. I do really like it. It was painless to install, and relatively easy to program. Several programming options such as having it open and close by dawn/dusk, setting it to open/close at certain times, or you could choose to not have it programmed and just push the button on the door itself anytime you want it open/closed. Tested it with my hand and it will not close and crush anything in the way. It will open back up and try to close again in a moment of something stopped it from closing. The only thing I wish was different was that you could actually open and close it from the app on your phone. I would love that option.

I haven't used any but the Run Chicken (check their website as they had it cheaper than Amazon). I second that it was easy to install and program, and is working great so far.

Can't speak to durability because we've only had it on for a week, but the reviews are positive in this area as well.

So far I'm very pleased and would buy again.

Update: we got this installed and have been using it. I do really like it. It was painless to install, and relatively easy to program. Several programming options such as having it open and close by dawn/dusk, setting it to open/close at certain times, or you could choose to not have it programmed and just push the button on the door itself anytime you want it open/closed. Tested it with my hand and it will not close and crush anything in the way. It will open back up and try to close again in a moment of something stopped it from closing. The only thing I wish was different was that you could actually open and close it from the app on your phone. I would love that option.
Awesome, thank you for your input!

Hi:

I would buy the Run Chicken door again. I did look at all 4 that you show above and leaned at one point for the cheapest but did not buy it as it was a 2 piece system versus the Run Chicken door was an all-in-one design. I bought the Run Chicken door about 6 weeks ago and love it.

Attachments

• Run Chicken Door.jpg
    Run Chicken Door.jpg
    716 KB · Views: 33

Back
Top Bottom