automatic door

I don't know much, but I just heard of a guy who is using one of the motors that adjusts the position of a seat in a luxury car that can be controlled remotely from the kitchen of their house. He's an auto mechanic, so I guess he knows how to hook it up, I have no idea.

Quote:
I think the quick answer is "No" there are no good, cheap automatic doors for sale. You can search the forum and find a lot of discussion threads from those who have made their own, with varying degrees of success. Others rave about how much they love the expensive ones they've bought. I happen to fit into this category.

I found a video on YouTube yesterday for an automatic door opener, very well constructed, that I think we're going to get when we build our coop in the spring. The website is www.automaticchickencoopdoor.com and the link to the installation video can be found there. He has a door that slides into a housing for $180 something and $22 shipping, and another item that can be attached to a preexisting door for $120 something plus $12 shipping. HTH.

Back
Top Bottom