Automatic feeder height?

Texas Willie

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 25, 2011
Vancouver, Washington
Hi,

Our girls will be 4 weeks old Monday and I am in the process of building an automatic feeder, that I can load and maintain from outside the coop. I am building something similar to this:

Automaticfeeder.png

I am going to make the horizontal tube about twice as long to accommodate our 12 chicks. Since the vertical feed holding tube will be mounted outside and I will be cutting through the side wall, I want to make sure I have the right height, since when it is installed, it ain't goin' nowhere.
lol.png

Oh....I almost forgot, I have water nipples on order and will be making an auto watering system as well. Again, mounted permanently through the wall.........Height suggestions for these two items is GREATLY Appreciated!
smile.png

TIA

TW
big_smile.png

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Dan................Your suggestion sounds good. I found this from my local supplier of feed, that was written by their General Manager.

"Feeders and waters should be placed conveniently throughout the pen for birds' access. Place the bottom of the waterers and top lip of the feeders at the birds' back height. This will keep the feed and water clean and prevent wastage."

I think this advice is for feeders and waterers that are suspended, though it should apply to my system.

Like my chicks always tell me........If you don't know, then just "Wing It"
lol.png

Thanks Again

TW
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom