1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Automatic fish food despenser for noisy hens.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chuckzoo, Jul 14, 2011.

1. chuckzoo

chuckzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2009
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    My 3 hens are really loud first thing in the morning and I am afraid they are disturbing the neighbors. I usually give them some greens or BOSS to shut them up. That got me thinking - would an automatic fish food despenser work to despense BOSS?

What do you guys think?

2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

I think the only way to know is to try it.

Maybe give it a trial run when you can watch it - like the afternoon - before setting it up for a morning try.

3. classicsredone

classicsredone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Sacramento County, CA
    Lixit makes chicken toy balls that work with BOSS. You could toss the ball in after the went to bed, and they'd find the filled ball in the morning. It might give them something to do until you get up.

4. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    Quote:I am trying to find this ball you are speaking of. Can you post a link? I have this same problem and the ball solution may be a genius plan. My Delaware thinks she needs to talk to everyone in the morning: the birds, the trees, the sky, the grass!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by