Automatic horse waterer

hemet dennis

Songster
8 Years
Nov 9, 2011
Hemet,Ca. 20+chicken years
My Coop
My Coop
Those are hard mounted to a wall or post and the way chickens are with getting their water dirty they are to hard to clean.

frow.gif

cboriskin

Songster
8 Years
Nov 5, 2011
The ones they use at the ranch I board my horse at, are cleaned with a sponge periodically. It really isn't a big deal. I was going to attach it to one of the 4X4 legs that my coop stands on. I would use the beakcup, but they use low water pressure. Looking to hook directly to the spigot without the expensive regulator. How do you clean the beakcups?

cboriskin

Songster
8 Years
Nov 5, 2011
Something to think about, definately. It's a good thing I live in Sacramento, CA where freezing temperatures are not usually a problem. However, maybe putting those pipe insulations around the hose?

In my coop, I have installed a Little Giant automatic bowl waterer that operates by gravity. I used pvc pipes and hooked it up directly to the spigot and it works great. I do clean it once a week. I could use another one for their run, but because the bowl is so big (even though it's the smallest you can buy), I thought being outside, it would get dirty too quickly.

Last edited:

cboriskin

Songster
8 Years
Nov 5, 2011
Ok, scrapped the horse waterer and just got the Little Giant poultry bowl waterer like the one I'm using inside the coop. It was actually smaller. I know it works hooked up directly to the spigot, so I'm done making decisions how to do the watering system. I think I'm actually done with my coop. Pictures to follow.

Top Bottom