Autralorp pics needed...PLEASE and THANKS!!! pics added

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by TheJuan-n-Only, Sep 2, 2011.

1. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    I have an 11 week old autralorp with well developed comb and waddles bigger than any of my other birds (he/she is the baby)> I wanted to post pics, but what do you know I left them @ home...I was wondering if any of you have any pics of your birds @ 11 weeks and left me know if they are girl or boys so I can compare....I will post pics once I get home, but I'm going to a swap tomorrow and I wanted to have an idea of it's sex ASAP...thanks in advance...

Here is my boy....11 weeks....am I correct saying boy?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  2. smarsh

smarsh Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    lexington, KY
    they are "well developed" at 11 weeks, then it is likely a boy.

3. monkeemakr

monkeemakr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Swansea, SC
    X2 Afraid so. My Australorp hen is laying and has very small comb and waddles. At that age, had almost nothing.

4. TheJuan-n-Only

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    That's what I figured..I have Red with smalled waddles and comb and they are 4 weeks older than him!......I'll post pics in a few hrs anyway...thanks for your help...

5. Mama Hen Chris

Mama Hen Chris Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2010
    Peoria, AZ
    My 2 Black Australorps at 6 weeks old. HE crowed at 9 weeks! Had to rehome him and Sophie is now 13 months old.

[​IMG]

6. TheJuan-n-Only

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Quote:yup...congrats...it's a boy! lol

7. Mama Hen Chris

Mama Hen Chris Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2010
    Peoria, AZ
    Quote:yup...congrats...it's a boy! lol

So sorry to hear that! I was hoping for the longest time that A was just advanced for her age. [​IMG] No boys allowed in our neighborhood.

I was not happy to find out that Apolonia (my mom wanted a chicken named after her) became Apollo.They were 2 of my very 1st 4 chicks.

8. TheJuan-n-Only

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    "So sorry to hear that! I was hoping for the longest time that A was just advanced for her age. No boys allowed in our neighborhood.

I was not happy to find out that Apolonia (my mom wanted a chicken named after her) became Apollo.They were 2 of my very 1st 4 chicks."

It's the baby of the flock and my DW's fav (go figure)...I can't have roo's either...so off he goes to the swap!

9. TheJuan-n-Only

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    pic posted....[​IMG]

10. TheSheriffswife

TheSheriffswife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2011
    Baldwinsville NY
    Hi There..

This is Muriel my very sweet 22 week Black Australorp..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by