Autumn, changing of the leaves in the Smoky Mountains

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by b.hromada, Sep 21, 2009.

1. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hey everyone! The hubby and I will be going to the Smoky Mountains sometime next week end, or early in the coming week. My question is this? Are the leaves changing yet? This is his aniversary gift to me! I've been telling him that I would just love to go see the leaves up there. Being from s. florida all my life, it sure would be wonderful to see the seasons! Been married to him, now for 24 years............ and counting!

2. Picky Chicky

Picky Chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    I used to live up that way, and I have to be honest with you - I think it's still a few weeks too early. Then again, each season is a little different. Regardless, I know you guys will have a great time - it's SO beautiful there. [​IMG]

3. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Happy Anniversay!!

It's a bit early for the leaves to be changing here although some leaves are falling off the trees already. We've had some small color changes but nothing major yet. It's possible in the coming week some leaves will be changing more higher up.

Laurie

4. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

I'm in NC but down in the piedmont. We are just starting to see a touch of change here.

Check the weather channel. Usually they have an autumn color report on a by week basis

5. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Congratulations and Happy Anniversay!!

we live in KY and leaves still need a little longer to start changing colors, but smokey mountains are gourges. good luck and have a lot of Fun.

Omran

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Thank you all so much. You know, my mom always called it "God's country" and I agree! Thank you for the well wishes TennesseeTruly!

7. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    The Smokies are what convinced hubby and I to move to TN 3 years ago. We came for a visit and decided that this is where we were going to retire. We moved here last November from NY and I can't imagine living anywhere else!

Laurie

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I'm jealous! [​IMG] Its so funny, I told the hubby, that the older I get, the more I want to just leave!! I told him that when he retires in about 16 years, I'd love to move up that way. I guess you could say I'm a homebody! A creature of habit! But I think thats starting to change now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by