Availability of Laying Hen Chicks in the Philippines (Luzon)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ejcrist, Mar 6, 2016.

1. ejcrist

ejcrist Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2015
    Desert Hills, AZ
    I've been trying to help my niece start a new flock of egg laying hens. She lives in O'Donnel, Capas, Tarlac, Philippines, and she was able to get 30 of the 45 day broilers, I believe they're Cornish Crosses since that's the only bird I know that's ready in 45 days, but she wasn't able to find any good laying chicken chicks. She said a lot were lost in the typhoon and also some specialty restaurants were buying a lot of the egg layers. She said she'll continue to look for them and I specifically recommended Barred Rocks since I remember seeing a lot of them while there, and they can supply her with a good amount of eggs for a long time. Do any of the members in the Philippines know if there's a scarcity everywhere now or is it most likely just localized? Also, if there's anyone reading from around Luzon if you know a good place to acquire laying bird chicks? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. chicapee

chicapee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2015
    Pass Christian, MS
    @ozexpat sells chickens in the Philipines, and I also believe that he ships them too.

3. ejcrist

ejcrist Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2015
    Desert Hills, AZ
    Thanks chicapee, I'll send an email.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by