Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by FarmGirl01, Jul 5, 2008.

1. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    I have a pic I would like to use as my avatar. The problem is that the only copy is on Photobucket. How do I get it from Photobucket to BYC to make it my avatar? It won't upload. Any help would be great. Gena

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    You need to resize and save to your computer and upload it from there. You can't upload from an onlne hosting site.
    I use Paint to resize my avatars. I fyou need help, send it to me and I will do it for you! [​IMG]

3. cajunlizz

cajunlizz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    My question is HOW do you decrease the size of a picture I have to use as a avatar ?

NEXT question ? How do I post an avatar ?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  4. FarmGirl01

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    I guess I don't know how to save it to my computer.

5. DuckLady

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    You can open it in Paint and resize by going to Image>stretch/skew> and use the horizontal and vertical percentages to resize until it is to the size you need. I like doing this because i can do a little or a lot at a time and really control what I am doing.

6. DuckLady

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Quote:right click the image and "save as" It will open a dialog box and you give it a name and tell it where to save it. I ususally save stuff like this to the desktop so I can find it easily.

7. FarmGirl01

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    Thank you sooo much. I have been trying to do this for days now. Its just basic computer knowledge that I didn't know how to do. I am so happy. Thanks again. Gena

8. cajunlizz

cajunlizz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Quote:WHat size is best to be excepted as a Avatar ?

If you notice at the bottom link , its the picture I need to resize . I AM the LADY in Red

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  9. DuckLady

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I think it is 100 x 100 pixels or however that translates. [​IMG]

10. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    and 16 KB
    I had a pic I wanted to use as my avatar and it was the right size pixelwise (I don't think thats a word) but the KB part of it was too big. I think its 16 KB but it might be 20.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by