Average Chick Prices

Here Olive Egg layers are in demand .....I was offered $35 for my Pullet that just started laying...I created her...

I mean....your rooster and hen probably helped a bit ;)

I would agree, they're worth whatever people will pay for them. Some places sell some types of chicks for $200, some can't get $2 for them. I'd do some research on what your local markets are doing and then work from there. Go to the local animal swaps (usually at local feed/farm stores) and scour craigslist to get a feel.

I mean....your rooster and hen probably helped a bit ;)

I would agree, they're worth whatever people will pay for them. Some places sell some types of chicks for $200, some can't get $2 for them. I'd do some research on what your local markets are doing and then work from there. Go to the local animal swaps (usually at local feed/farm stores) and scour craigslist to get a feel.
Hey. thank you so much! You just gave me such a great idea! I'm thinking of starting a hatching egg adventure, but I know Ill get addicted to it and I cannot possibly keep all the chicks I'm going to hatch. We have an animal auction house near me, they do small animal sales once a month and I can take my extras (cockerels and pullets that I'm not keeping and don't sell) there! You are awesome :hugs

Back
Top Bottom