Avia charge 2000 & Antibotic??

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Ericasl, May 16, 2008.

1. Ericasl

Ericasl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    The Dalles OR
    Can you mixed the two together??? It is hot as heck and They are on Antibotic is it safe to mix the two together??

2. chickenlady

chickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2007
    Stillwater, NJ
    Avia Charge is only a vitamin suppliment so I would think it should not be a problem. However, I am not a doctor, this is JMO.

3. chicknmania

chicknmania Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    I asked the same question re my hen last month. The answer I got was; yes, you can mix them together, but they might not like the taste. Somewhere I read about someone with a similar problem; they solved it by providing two waterers to the the bird, one with the antibiotic mixed in and one with the vitamins. That worked.

4. Rogue_Woman

Rogue_Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    NC
    I personally wouldn't use vitamins with any medications at all...many vitamins interfere with the absorption and metabolization of various drugs, specifically antibiotics like sulfa.

5. dlhunicorn

dlhunicorn Human Encyclopedia

Jan 11, 2007
    It is not a wise idea to provide two waterers as then they will not get enough of the med.
    You can add the avia charge to a bit of cooked oatmeal and mix that through their feed or add oil to the feed whereby the aviacharge will stick to it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by