1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Avia Charge 2000 feeding instructions

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Astrid, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Astrid

Astrid Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2007
    Connecticut
    Hi there,
    I"m pretty new to chickens, and I've got four laying hens. I want to give them a supplement, and have read lots of recommendations for Avia Charge 2000. I'm wondering what the dosage is. Their waterer holds two gallons, so how much Avia Charge should I put in? I haven't bought it yet, but am trying to gauge how long one container will last me.

Or is there something else that you recommend?

Thanks for your advice!
    Astrid

2. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    it's 1-1.5 teaspoons per gallon, but my girls don't like it that stong, so I used 1 teaspoon per 1.5 gallons. It's really black, looks like really really stong tea.

3. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    I use 1/2 teaspoon per gallon because the girls really don't care for it. I have 5 week chicks on it too and they drink it with no problem. I also change their water everyday.

4. Backyard Buddies

Backyard Buddies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Orange County, CA
    My girls wouldn't take it in water, but they love it stirred into their yogurt!

5. SeaChick

SeaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    Southern Maine
    My girls love it better than plain water!!!

I use 1 tsp per gallon, sometimes slightly less. (my jar, from Strombergs, recommends 1 tsp per gallon of adults, 1.5-2 for chicks, and changing the water not less than every other day).

I think its great stuff.

6. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    I've been using it for several months now, at the full recommended strength. My chickens drink it without issue. I only change my water once a week, though.....really don't have time to do it more often.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by