Avia charge 2000

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by amaliayosa, Mar 21, 2008.

1. amaliayosa

amaliayosa Chillin' With My Peeps

Anyone use this vitamin supplement on their chicks? I put 2 tsp in a gallon of their water as per the instrctions, just wondering if anyone else has used it.
    Thanks
    Amy

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I haven't used it, but I know others have. Usually it is for just the first few days or after a bird is sick or injured.

3. SeaChick

SeaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    Southern Maine
    I've been using it all winter for my big girls (laying age). I really believe it has helped as a general tonic against the stress of cold/winter. It's helped the feathers regrow on one girl who was pecked bald, and I hope that the amino acids have helped their diets as well. It's such a good, all-natural product that I feel confident it can only be beneficial.

I will probably stop using it in summer, or maybe just once a week or so. I use 1 tsp in a gallon waterer.

4. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

We use it during times of stress, like severe heat or if there is an illness going around. They seem to like it... I wasn't so sure because the water is an icky color, but they don't seem to care. The only thing I don't like is it clogs up the little water hole, so I have to scrub the waterers even more when I use it.

5. amaliayosa

amaliayosa Chillin' With My Peeps

well I put my chicks on it as a preventative. They came from the same hatchery as many others who are having problems with sick chicks, so I thought it would be wise just in case they were exposed to anything.
    They are only 2 weeks old. I am giving them a teaspoon in a gallon of water. They were so funny. When I first put it in the water they looked at it suspiciously , it was so funny, like they were saying "what the heck is this"?Then they would taste it, freeze, taste it again, it really was cute. They seem to like it ok.
    Do you think its safe to keep them on it for about 2 weeks?
    Amy

Last edited: Mar 22, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by