AviaCharge 2000 question

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by ZooMummzy, Jul 30, 2008.

1. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    I posted this in another section yesterday when I thought it was an emergency (I didn't get any replies), but now I know that the AviaCharge I put in my chicken's water turned their poo dark tealish blue. Has anyone else ever had this happen and if so, is it normal? I changed back to just straight water because to be honest, it freaked me out a bit to see dark blue/green poo all over the run! [​IMG] Their poo is back to normal today.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  2. Jashdon

Jashdon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    Snohomish, WA
    wow, that is freaky. it doesn't say anything about blue poo on the packaging?

3. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:No, not that I could find and I tried searching for teal poo on the net and there is nothing! Every other color but not teal. I'm just glad it's gone. I'm going to try a test in a few days and put the Aviacharge back in a small water container and see. It's the only thing new I had added to their diet and they don't free range, so it is the natural conclusion it was responsible.

4. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Froot loops turns my kids poo purple...makes sense that Aviacharge might make chicken poo purple...

LOL

5. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:Lol that's funny....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by