1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Avian vet by Temecula or Fallbrook, California

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Caligirl2, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Caligirl2

Caligirl2 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2014
    Temecula, So Cali
    Hello, I have been looking for a vet to call on for my chickens when illnesses arise. I can't find any listings for avian veterinarians in my area - Temecula, California. This is in Riverside Co., other nearby cities are Escondido, Corona, Fallbrook. Lots of chicken owners around, just can't find anyone who actually has used a vet. Thanks in advance.

2. fried green eggs

fried green eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
    Call vet that are listed as small animal for Parrots and other birds. Also try calling your cooperative extension office they may know who to refer you to. Good Luck and hope you have healthy chickens : )

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  3. Caligirl2

Caligirl2 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2014
    Temecula, So Cali
    I couldn't find any listings around here for an avian/small animal vet, and not sure what a local cooperative is. If anyone sees this who lives around here, please let me know who you use - thank you!

4. nicschickens

nicschickens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2016
    I am also in Temecula and having the same issue. Did you ever find a vet?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by