Aviary Netting

dixygirl

Songster
11 Years
May 14, 2008
Does anyone use aviary netting on the roof of their runs?
1e86_1.JPG

55c1_0.JPG

I am planning on enclosing a fairly large garden for my ducks and it would be impractical to roof the whole thing by any other means. I already have 5 foot high welded wire all around in a circle. But I need to put something over the top. There is a wildlife sanctuary near me that has it all over the top of their cages like in the picture above. They have it really tall in the middle like 5 stories tall and peaked. But the walls are about 6-8 feet high wire caging on theirs.

There are several vendors of it on Ebay and even advertise it as predator netting for poultry. I wonder if anyone has had any success with their bird netting on the roof at least.

Last edited:
We have lost 1 guinea in the past 3 years, now I don't know if that is just luck or whatever. The guinea was totally MIA, no feathers, nothing, I still think hubbie just miscounted.

Of course he is real big about lights all over the property, and loves to urinate on stuff
hmm.png

As far as truly determined raccoons or such, I doubt it would hold them back, but it does keep out flying predators, dogs or such just trying to jump in, and keeps your birds in the contained area.

Well i just got 6 free black Australop roosters as packing peanuts with my order
lol.png
I guess they will have a purpose after all.

I am calculating the costs though. This netting is almost $200 for a 25x50. I think i may just come out cheaper with welded wire fencing. 5'x50' is about $42. I would need 3 i think so that would be $126. Not any savings to go with a net it seems. :|

Back
Top Bottom