1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

avitrol plus table dosage for young australorps chicks (3 weeks)

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by plsnoname, Nov 21, 2011.

1. plsnoname

plsnoname New Egg

Nov 21, 2011
    I am not sure if they are safe for young chick of three weeks. If they do what type of dosage for the chick?
    One australorp chick (and her bantam mom) has developed gape worms. I should have treated the mom earlier as she has shown some symptoms of gapeworms, but she was sitting on the eggs a few weeks ago.

Please help.
    Cheers
    Jie

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
  3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Happens with large breed roosters, don't see why it wouldn't be the case in bantams, too, JJ.

The little critter is still hanging on, just not as active as the others. It has such a short body, I don't really expect it to live. Had a Speckled Sussex, a hatchery chick, who lived to two weeks old-its body never grew, though the wings got larger and larger and it became more and more lethargic.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by