AVON question

McCord6

Away
10 Years
Sep 9, 2009
Lake Butler (Union County)
Im not sure where to put this but figured it would fit better in HOBBIES.

Anyone ever done AVON? I just signed up for it and got a call this morning. A lady is coming over to tutor me on Wednesday Morning. THought it would be a good thing to do.

Any Sucesses or at least tries on it?

It brings back great child hood memories. My Mom sold Avon back in the 70s when I was a little girl. My teachers loved getting Christmas gifts from me! Mom always had demos, and she would let us choose what to give our teachers.

My mom pressured me into it, and I didn't have much luck. But then, last time I wore makeup was my wedding day, so it wasn't something I was knowledgeable enough to be comfortable selling. If you are like my sister and are good at helping people find colors and a look that suits them and know about different skin types, you will probably do well.

I just signed up a couple weeks ago. I like that you have your own website now because I have family out of town. And for only $10 to sign up, where else can you start your own business for $10? I think its worth a shot.

About 16 or 17 years ago I sold it for 2 years, very successful too, made the President's Club and had a few Miss Albee's to show for it..when you make President's Club you get 40% off the item sale..that does make for some nice pocket change and good incentive to keep selling it..the demo items you can buy each month (don't have to be in the President's Club to buy those..they are like preview items for the coming months) are already discounted at 40% so you can, of course, use them for demos, or as gifts, or sell them at regular price and make the 40% off them. Avon is a really great income supplement, I enjoyed it, it just became a conflict for me because my clientelle was mostly my co-workers and that's a bit weird to take their money and make profit off it. I think now the ordering is done online, I had to take my order and money to my District Supervisor's house, more streamlined now. Good luck!!!

Back
Top Bottom