Aw. I'm REALLY Worried :(

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hollymh, Apr 15, 2009.

1. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    I candled my eggs today and they just arent where they are supposed to be size wise, they look day 14/15 but are day 17/18 [​IMG] I'm really worried!!! I had one late quitter so I did a break-out and he was PERFECT, just no heartbeat [​IMG]! Now I'm worried nobodys gonna make it [​IMG]!!! They are pure silkies and they are the only silkies on island so this is one of my only oppritunities [​IMG] I'm so sad!!! Has anyone had eggs that looked under developed and then hatched??? btw, they are still moving and wiggling... Help me please before I go sit and cry [​IMG]!!! I REALLY need these babies as a morale booster right now, I'm so sad [​IMG]

P.s No temp spikes, 40% humidity and a overall perfect incubation period...

2. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    [​IMG] Don't be worried if they're moving. They just might be a day or two late. I'm on day 17 and a couple of mine don't seem to fill the egg as much as the others, but they're moving so I'm not going to count them out...just maybe count them late.

3. chickenlove2009

chickenlove2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    Woodlawn, Tn
    Quote:I agree just because one quit does not mean that they all quit. Most people give there eggs between 21 - 25 days to hatch. If they look a few days behind give them 3-5 more days to hatch.

Mine are the same way and I am giving them 'til day 32 (unless they seep)

If they are moving they are fine.

4. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I have candled at day 14 and thought they should look further along than they did, and they still hatched fine and on time. I wouldn't worry. They grow fast in those last few days and fill that egg up. I think you'll be fine too. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your little ones. [​IMG]

5. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Thank guys, I'm just so worried! I started with 8, had 2 infertile and then the late quitter so now I'm down to 5! I will however be happy with one!!! I just remeber my game fowl-jungle fowl mixes being on time and growing by the book so I'm overwhelming myself thinking I did something wrong...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by