aw look- DH built me a coop!

sdshoars

Songster
11 Years
May 12, 2008
Texas
what a good boy! the roost is near the floor in the back, you kinda have to look for it. this started off as two chickens, and turnwed into six very quickly.
10267_garden_122.jpg

10267_garden_123.jpg

10267_garden_124.jpg

Looks very nice. Though I doubt the chooks will want to roost under anything more than likely the will end up wanting to roost on top of the sides of the nest boxes. They like to go to highest place available.

Great...now my wife wants me to make one for her : )

Great coop. If I am not mistaken they will all start laying in the same nesting box. Its a beautiful coop. Love it!!

Looks good but if you only have 6 chicks you won't need 6 nest boxes. I think they say 1 nest box for every 4 hens. Also the roosts should be higher than the nest boxes so they don't start roosting in the nest boxes. Maybe take one side of the 3 nest boxes out and put up a roost on that side so they will be higher than the nesting area.

Great coop and the chicks should love it.

Jayare

sdshoars : First let me say....very cute!! LOVE the colors! Might I make a few suggestions? As Jayare's said...remove half of the nest boxes...and put a roost in there higher than the nests. Also, the little ramp might need something on it for traction. Maybe get a few strips of 1x1 stripping, and nail it to the ramp about every 8 to 10 inches up the board. The hens might want to roost on the sides of the nest boxes...if they do, just put a board up over them at an angle...so they can't roost up there. But, I really do love that little coop!

Back
Top Bottom