Awaiting my first eggs

Katbird01

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 17, 2014
Mississippi
Hi Everyone, I keep getting emails from BYC saying I need to post something so I figured I'd start with introducing myself. My husband and I recently picked up 4 buff orpingtons from his cousin. According to her we should be getting our first eggs any day now. I'm trying to keep my obsession in check but I kept envisioning a big coop and run in my back yard rather than the little chicken tractor we have now.

Hello! Welcome to BYC!
Please feel free to ask questions!
I would love to see photos of your birds...
Good luck with your flock!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Good luck with your Orpingtons! I'm sure you'll enjoy them.

Last edited:
Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Congrats on your new flock and I hope those eggs start coming soon!

I started with a small coop and was so glad when we built a much larger nicer coop. The birds enjoyed that they could go hang out in the coop on bad weather days, I could walk in AND stand up in it, LOL, and loved the room inside for storage and such. Much easier on the birds and me!

You might want to check out our coops pages and get some ideas on building a new coop...https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coops

Enjoy this new adventure and I hope you see eggs soon!! :)

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

I have a small coop and although it's cute and my girls are happy, I'd love to have a new, huge one!

Welcome. Glad you decided to join our flock. Buff orpingtons are a wonderful breed; friendly & gentle & good layers of large, brown eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting those eggs soon.

Back
Top Bottom