1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

AWESOME job shipping hatching eggs. PICTURES

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MobyQuail, May 11, 2011.

1. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    Shipped eggs arrived today, I had to post pictures to share, nice job with packing huh?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    They look nice... Double boxed bubble wrapped cartons with individually wrapped eggs... All surrounded in shredded paper...

Sorry... I am taking mental notes... [​IMG]

3. QuailQT

QuailQT Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2009
    NW PA
    Please tell us who gets the credit for this awesome packing? Surely they wouldn't mind some praise [​IMG]

Hope you have an excellent hatch! Good luck!

4. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
  5. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Quote:Well, if you think it is ok... [​IMG]

they are "Rose Comb Rhode Island Reds" from shelleyb1969 and her birds are far prettier than the packaging...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=499394

we hope some hatch!

I got eggs from ShelleyB too, and her packing is BOMBPROOF. Seriously, amazing packing technique. AND great fertility too!

6. HenPenny

HenPenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2011
    Lewisville tx
    Not to critisize because obvious they arrived perfect. But i just cringe and have to offer an opinion. I work for the other delivery company. Was there a layer of packaging on the top that I did not see? Because so many times the top of the boxes get crushed. Smushed down right in the middle. It just made me think YIKES!
    Other than that GREAT JOB!

7. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    Quote:I had a bad experience with live shipped birds today, and I opened another box of shipped eggs to find 13 eggs, but 2 broken.

opening this package made my day alot better.

yes, there was folded newspaper atop both boxes.

the eggs were also kinda centered in the airpac envelopes to allow for ~.75 inches on both sides, and with the additional box, I seriously think I coulda stepped on this thing.

I am a systems analyst at a hospital, we really don't get $40k medical equipment shipped any better than this. that's just my $32.02- what I paid for the auction + [​IMG]

8. Griffin Nest

Griffin Nest Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2010
    California
    nice!! im getting my shipped eggs tomorrow [​IMG] i've waited 3 weeks for them (there were delays) so they BETTER be good!! [​IMG]

9. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

I'm so glad they arrived safe and sound, model_A. [​IMG] I wish you the best of luck with the hatch. [​IMG] And thanks to everyone for the nice comments...you are all very sweet. [​IMG]

10. lutz123

lutz123 Chillin' With My Peeps

That's great! I received two shipments of eggs in the last couple of days packed almost identically - and none out of the 30 total eggs were broken. Another shipment to arrive today. The person was in the middle of a family tragedy but took the time to honor the commitment anyhow. I hope they are packed just as well because they have the furthest to travel.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by