1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Awesome New chicken Recipe!!!! LOOK!!!!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Pringle_Sussex, May 17, 2007.

1. Pringle_Sussex

Pringle_Sussex Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Australia
    Here is a chicken recipe that also includes the use of
    popcorn as a stuffing - imagine that! When I found
    this recipe, I thought it was perfect for people like
    me, who are just never sure how to tell when poultry
    is thoroughly cooked, but not dried out.

Give this a try.

BAKED STUFFED CHICKEN
    6-7 lb. baking chicken
    1 cup melted butter
    1 cup stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is good.)
    1 cup uncooked popcorn (ORVILLE REDENBACHER'S LOW FAT)

Salt/pepper to taste
    neck end toward the back of the oven. Listen for the
    popping sounds.

When the chicken's arse blows the oven door open and
    the chicken flies across the room, it is done.
    And you thought I couldn't cook.

2. Pringle_Sussex

Pringle_Sussex Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Australia
    just letting everyone know this ISN'T a real recipe, it was sent to me in an e-mail and i laughed like crazy and i'd thought i'd share here...

though i wasn't sure to put it here or.... in the social side... ^^;;

Last edited: May 17, 2007
  3. cookinmom

cookinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Saint George GA
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Very good!

4. MissBell

MissBell Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2007
    I was reading the popcorn part on the list and was thinking this sounds crazy.....but funny:D

5. hennotrooster

hennotrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2012
    Hesperia CA
    Here is a strange stuffing...While at work one of the RT's came over and said she needed to go pick up some oyster sauce for her stuffing. It was Thanksgiving. I looked at her and said "Oyster sauce, in your stuffing?" she laughed and said yes I mix it with (here it comes) sauerkraut [​IMG] was my first reaction.

She mixes sauerkraut with oyster sauce and stuffs the bird, seriously. Well we were all looking at her as though she lost her mind and or taste buds. Soo she baked a chicken and stuffed it with this "stuffing" and brought it in for us at lunch time surprisingly it was very good not at all what we expected. The bird was very moist. She said her mother in law gave her this recipe when she and her husband celebrated their first Thanksgiving and she had the same reaction we all did and thought she was trying to sabotage her turkey. Just mix it up there is no certain amount of either but it is good.

6. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    One of my friends loves pepperoni pizza with saurekraut and pineapple. It was actually a very popular pizza from our favorite pizza joint. However, I absolutely cannot stand pineapple so I wouldn't even try it.

7. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    My mother, years ago, typed up this recipe (only is was a turkey recipe) and put it in her recipe box along with all her other recipes that I was constantly referring to. She was just waiting for me to find it. And finally I did. I nearly fell over laughing!

She added a "cold Lone Star Beer" to the bottom of the list since I drank those then. The last line read, not exactly, but close enough: "Wait till arse blows off turkey then sit down and drink the cold Lone Star."

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by