1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Awesome update about vet school!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickerdoodle13, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Some of you know that I have been working on applications to vet schools throughout a good portion of last year. I just wanted to give you guys an update and I have some WONDERFUL news!

A couple days ago, I got a call from one of the colleges. They told me they had good news and I was expecting to get an interview, which I would have been ecstatic about. What I didn't expect, was what they actually told me! I got accepted to Cornell University for veterinary medicine!!! It's been such a wild ride, and I'm sure it will only become more of an adventure, but I couldn't be happier with the awesome news! That was my first choice school and they have a great ornithology and exotic animal program. Ultimately, I would like to work with birds so I think they will be a perfect fit for me!

I'm still waiting to hear back from Tufts University and University of Tennessee. I was also offered an interview with University of Pennsylvania, which I will attend later this month.

I just wanted to share the great news, and I would love to hear from anyone who has been through a vet program before so I could pick your brain a bit with some questions.

2. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    [​IMG]Congrats. Its my dream to go to vet school also. But I have a few more years.

3. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

Congratulations! That is great news!

Just curious, did you consider Auburn (Alabama) University? They have an exceptional vet program.

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks!

Wisher1000, This round of applications I decided to stick with colleges closer to home, though I did apply to two a bit further away (Tennessee and Colorado), but the other three were all within five hours from my home. Originally, I thought I may have to apply again next year and I was going to consider schools further from home to widen my horizons!

5. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    That is awesome news! [​IMG] Congratulations![​IMG]

6. Capvin

Capvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    Lake Placid, FL
    I would say that is great news. My only question is, since Cornell was your first choice and since Cornell seems to be the best school of the bunch that you applied to and since the location of Cornell seems to be reasonably close to your home, then why are you still fooling around with your other schools? Why not just accept your admission to Cornell and be done with it?

7. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

He's got a point!

8. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

This is fantastic news!!! Congratulations! [​IMG]

9. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Congratulations! Great news.

10. redhen