Awesome Visit with helmstead & Family! Thanks, Kate!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by speckledhen, Dec 20, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

It was another dreary, rainy day, but my good friend Kate drove up to visit with her terrific hubby and kids. She was picking up a quilted wallhanging I made, as a gift for one of her family members. We had a good lunch and she brought me two jars of fresh, raw goat's milk! I cant wait to try it. Kate and I are such a pair...once when she came, she brought a goat with a bum leg because it needed to be bottle fed and this time, I had a rooster with a bum leg (Zane) in the livingroom in a playpen, LOL. Yep, no wonder we get along. [​IMG]
    Kate, I so appreciate your friendship and terrific sense of humor. Thanks for being such a great friend! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  2. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    ahhh Speckeled...that is SOOOOOOOO NICE.........[​IMG] Friends are so important.....

3. speckledhen

Yes, they are, Linda! I've met so many great folks on BYC; some have become lifelong friends. I met Kate when I called about a rooster she was selling and told her about BYC. Chicken folk are the best! Who else would understand why there's a rooster in the livingroom?

MissPrissy, I shared some of your starter with Kate and now she has some to keep going. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  4. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    It was a great lunch! Cyn treated us to chili and corn bread - perfect for this ugly, rainy day! Yum! Then dessert...lemon poundcake with cream cheese icing AND friendship brownies. Double yum!

Thank you for the friendship starter, yup...gonna keep it going [​IMG]

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I am jealous!

Sounds like a great day for all.

Did you get the chocolate recipe to go with the starter?

6. speckledhen

Yes, she got your recipe, Angie! I frosted them, too. Great recipe! And Ang, I did put the Lemon Pound Cake recipe in your pkg. I think it's THE recipe for me for that particular cake.
    Kate, one of these days, maybe it will be sunny when we visit. So far, every time I've gone to Kate's, it's been raining or sleeting or something nasty. [​IMG]

7. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    [​IMG] No kidding on the icky conditions when we get together! Sheesh...

We had more of the brownies after dinner...great treat to bribe the kids into actually eating dinner haha.

8. speckledhen

One day I need to call you and say, "Kate! The sun is shining! Come on up and see!" LOL. Cant plan anything!

9. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    That is really very nice, and good friends are the true family too, because most of the time they are there when you need them.
    [​IMG]
    Merry Christmas.

Omran.

10. speckledhen

Thank you so much, Omran! Hope your family has a wonderful holiday and a great New Year! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by