awkward no more trade 2 dozen eggs for....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by maf2008, Apr 19, 2009.

1. maf2008

maf2008 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2009
    I had a brainstorm that even my husband and son like. I will post a sign at the mailbox junction and local burger joints.

(we live in small town of 3,700)

"FRESH EGGS $2.00 a dozen or will trade 2 dozen eggs for each of your unwanted usuable movies/videos"

WOW! This will even work for neighbors that expect a freebie. You can take unwanted movies, increase your collection and use them for trade later.

I hope this will work. any comments? [​IMG]

2. gypsy2621

gypsy2621 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Sounds like a fun trade.
    If I were to do that though just my luck it would be all childrens movies lol.

3. Homesteading_Bound

Homesteading_Bound Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Madison,Ohio
    I'm all for the Barter method. In the times we are in now.... bartering is the way to go....and look at the "gold" you have to offer in trade.....Great Idea!!! [​IMG]

4. junebug7334

junebug7334 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    we have a bater network where I live and we love it! Go for it!

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    When the dollar has become completely worthless, we'll all be bartering.

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Yep!

7. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

I sell eggs to my neighbor all winter, in summer we trade organic produce for the eggs - she has already let me know they are expanding the garden this year [​IMG] I can't wait.

eta - hubby could have told me they were - he's the one who drove over to plow their garden area [​IMG] men don't always pay attention to such things, I guess. btw - he plowed the garden in exchange for haying off an acre of their land that the guy can't keep mowed.

meri

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  8. Leah-yes I know I'm crazy

Leah-yes I know I'm crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Skidway Lake, MI
    Mojo Chick'n :

I sell eggs to my neighbor all winter, in summer we trade organic produce for the eggs - she has already let me know they are expanding the garden this year [​IMG] I can't wait.

eta - hubby could have told me they were - he's the one who drove over to plow their garden area [​IMG] men don't always pay attention to such things, I guess. btw - he plowed the garden in exchange for haying off an acre of their land that the guy can't keep mowed.

meri

Do you live in my neighborhood? lol We just traded a feeder pig for a tractor tire.​

9. Mojo Chick'n

Leah-yes I know I'm crazy :

Mojo Chick'n :

meri

Do you live in my neighborhood? lol We just traded a feeder pig for a tractor tire.​

[​IMG] naw, I moved outta MI two years ago - I'm down in KY now [​IMG]

I need a couple feeder pigs... [​IMG]

meri​

10. Mojo Chick'n

I love bartering, myself. I expect to expand on it a bit this year - we're newer here, so still getting adjusted to the area.

My neighbor's dad buys eggs off me, too .... I wonder what he has to barter..... [​IMG]

meri

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by