Aww Look

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Mommy2Blaze, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Mommy2Blaze

Mommy2Blaze Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Dalton, GA
    Found our first eggs today. There were 2 and I have no idea who laid them lol. I am inclined to think it may be our banty oeg because they are small. We went to clean out the coop and change it because we had a tarp in there nailed up the walls and they figured out how to get behind it and sleep [​IMG] instead of on the roosts. I told Chris we had to bring it down because I didn't want them going back there to lay their eggs. Well, when we pulled it out, lo and behold we found 2 eggs. Now I am not sure if it may be one of our red pullets. They are 14 weeks old. Our slw's are 20 weeks. I have no clue but they are cute.
    [​IMG]

2. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    congrats my young red production birds lay eggs just like that, started at 14 weeks, they are pullet eggs, they get bigger! Congrats!

3. juliaaa

juliaaa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    Syracuse, New York
    Congrats on finding some eggs in the wall [​IMG]

4. Mommy2Blaze

Mar 25, 2011
    Dalton, GA
    Quote:HAHA, I guess it is weird to find eggs in the wall huh?

So you guys think it is one of the red pullets? 2 of them have gotten really red in the combs and wattles and one has been doing the egg song too.

5. redeye roy

redeye roy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2011
    HAYYYYYYYY got my first today i am so happy

6. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] in the wall.

7. Mommy2Blaze

Mar 25, 2011
    Dalton, GA
    Well, I hated to do it but I wasn't sure when they were laid so I cracked those babies open and they were fertilized (saw the little donut looking white spot) but they were fresh and not babies yet lol. Here is the yolks. Look pretty rich don't they? [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by