Aww... My mom really DOES love me!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by joneus, Sep 16, 2011.

1. joneus

joneus Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    Ballston Spa
    I meant to post this, but then the hurricane came through and we lost power for a week & I forgot...

ANYHOW

Right before Irene came through town, my mom (who lives in northern NH) called me at 7:30am, freaking out over the weather report and telling me that I needed to come home. She went on about not caring how late we'd get in, how I dont have to "tough it out", constantly reminded me of the giant trees that surround my house, and kept bringing up the fact that I'm "near" both the coast (not really- I'm about 15mi inland) AND the CT River Valley (also- not really. About 15mi from there, too!)... etc.

So when she stopped to take a breath, I calmly asked, "If I come home- can I bring my chickens, too?"

There was a long... long... LONG pause, and then she said, "YES! Bring the chickens, too!"

"All nine of them?"

Another long pause... "Nine?"

There was ANOTHER long pause.... then she said, "Aw hell! Bring 'em! We can stick 'em in dog crates! Just COME HOME!!!"

Just like any normal person... and any normal mom, she has her annoying moments, but things like this make them totally worth it. I love my mom, LOL! [​IMG]

2. Farm_Maven

Farm_Maven Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    Tishomingo
    [​IMG]
    That is so sweet!!

3. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    [​IMG] Thats good of her! My mom hates my chickens....No chance for them in the case of a natural disaster... I would be all "All 40 of them? And the ducks and the geese?" and then she would hang up on me. [​IMG]

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Awww, so nice that you love your mom......I'm a mom of two sons....One is 18 and a senior, and the other is 23 and a new daddy. I know sometimes I annoy them but I love them dearly......

So nice to hear you love your mom! Makes me wanna hug ya! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by