Aww :)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by AJ666, Aug 24, 2010.

1. AJ666

AJ666 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    La Crosse, WI
    Yesterday, I witnessed an absalutely joyous sight. The birds were in the backyard. My BO Omelet was alone, rambling around the crab apple tree. The others were scattered towards the compost. Just to see how they would react, I made the best hawk noise I could. The other girls sped towards the bushes surrounding the compost. Omelet either didnt hear it, wasnt paying attention, or didnt care, so she stayed by the apple tree, continuing her business. My 2 month old EE Little Roo was halfway to the bushes, then he swung around and raced towards Omelet! He reached her, gave her a sharp peck, and ran back with her!
    I was so full of joy at what he did I scooped that beautiful little grey ball up and gave him a big kiss. He made his happy sound. It made my day [​IMG]

I love that little fuzz ball [​IMG]

2. Ema

Ema Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    N. Ontario CANADA
    that is awesome!!!! people don't seem to understand how full of character all animals really are!!!

3. beckt

beckt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Indiana
    Ya got to love those little roos. Today all the chickens were in their pens and I was under the apple tree in the chase lounge reading a great book when all of a sudden my little bantam cochin roo Jimmy started making funny noises. Kept looking around but could not see anything. Saw him looking sideways into the pine tree and then I spotted it.
    A hawk. The girls and little roo in the big pen were just milling around as if there was nothing there. Jimmy is such a good boy. Your little roo did a good job and deserved a big hug. He knows his job and at such a young age. When he gets older things will only get better with him.

4. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh boy! That's a great story! I'm glad you picked him up and gave him a great big hug. Little roo's can never hear too often how wonderful they are. I kept telling all four of my boys that they were great and wonderful boys from day one. Today, I have four of the most sweet and loving six month old boys you'd ever want to meet. Keep up the good work with Little Roo and he'll hopefully always be a sweetheart little guy for you!

5. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

aaaw... [​IMG] That is so sweet. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by