Awww my Muscovy sisters are sharing a nest...plus other Scovy pics

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by TennesseeTruly, Jun 23, 2010.

1. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Here are two of my Muscovy sisters, sharing a nest. When these two get off, to eat, drink, get in the pool, two others will go in and sit on the nest to keep the eggs warm. It's so sweet. There are at least 4 girls laying in the nest.

This is Caramel & Kahlua.
    [​IMG]

Here is one of the daddy's. This is Valentino aka "Puppy". He follows me around my place, "barking" and wagging his tail. He's 4 months old and weighs 16.4 lbs. We measured his neck today. It's 8.5 inches around. HUGE!! And he's still a baby! LOL
    [​IMG]

Here are some of them, talking to the Call ducks. LOL
    [​IMG]

I absolutely love these guys and their antics!
    Laurie

2. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    omg!! your drake is huge!!!!!!!!!!!! last time i weighed mine he was 7 pounds and he was like 6 months old!! lol awee hes cute though!! cute pics!!

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

How sweet are they? [​IMG] thanks for sharing. [​IMG]

4. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Nice pics, you have to love those Muscovies!

Steve

5. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    my drake is 15 lbs and he tries to jump in my arms it feels a like a bear just mauld me! [​IMG]

6. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

Some very pretty Scovies you've got there. [​IMG]

7. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Puppy hasn't tried to jump into my arms.....yet! My grandson went out and tried to put those claw protectors that you use on dogs and cats, on the Muscovy's last week because of their claws are so sharp! He was in the pen with them and got scratched up. Next thing I knew, my drakes had pink claw protectors on. ROFL!!!

I am so darn thrilled with my Scovy's! I have to thank all you Muscovy keepers for getting me interested in them. They just have so much personality, I adore them!!

Laurie

8. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

Next thing I knew, my drakes had pink claw protectors on. ROFL!!!

Awww, come on now, you gotta have a PICTURE attached to that comment! [​IMG]

9. PlumTuckered

PlumTuckered Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    Awww your ducks are all so beautiful!!
    I have one Muscovy duckling a month old and that little booger has captured my heart big time. I can't get over how calm he/she is when I pick him/her up, especially compared to my Pekins and Mallards at that age.

I wanna see those claw thingies too LOL

Michelle

10. Buttercup Chillin

Buttercup Chillin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    Wait a minute, Puppy is 4 months old and is a daddy.

I have scovies and I thought they didn't get fertile till they were 6-7 months. Is this why my Mommy and Snow White have started to lay again. The Drakeletes are now 13 weeks, I think.

I Really like your chocolates. Actually the first chocolates I really like. Are you selling eggs from your girls. Later that is.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by