AWWWW! So cute! (pic)

marytoast

Songster
11 Years
Dec 31, 2008
Carthage, NC
This little fawn was resting under my hubby's truck today.

20405_mms_picture1.jpg

Huh, it wasnt hurt or anything? I wonder where mommy was? Kinda weird to see a little one like that without mommy around somewhere. Looks like you were able to get pretty close too, which in itself is unusual.

Last edited:
I'm sure mom was close by. Baby jumped up and ran so he was just fine. This time of year it is not odd to see little fawns laying in the tall grass around here. It was odd for it to be under the truck though.

Quote:
It's not odd at all, deer, moose, caribou and ALL other of those type critters OFTEN leave their young in a spot where they are hidden so that mom can go forage OR lure off predators.

Under the truck is what is odd
wink.png

Hope the mama didn't meet with Ill fate.At that stage they aren't weaned.Hope She come's back for it.If it hang's around and no sign of mama deer try to offer some sweet feed or some goat's milk in a cattle bottle and call your local Forestry Comm. right away.Most state's will take them in and feed until ready to be returned to the wild with minimal human contact .You can raise wild deer very sucessfully but most states is illegal to pen them and if they are human raised it will hamper their survival rate with hunter's once they go back to the wood's.It's sOOOO cute.

If I see it again tomorrow I will take some kind of action. Last year I found one and caught it only to find out that mom was really close. I politely put that baby down and left.

Back
Top Bottom