Awwwww :)

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by kimb, May 18, 2010.

1. kimb

kimb Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2009
    New Hampshire
    My lone silkie girl had been really sulky since saturday when we lost her best friend (a d'uccle) They all free range during the day on 4 acres but at night I kept her and the 2 d'uccles separate (I'm not the earliest riser and I didn't want the large girls cornering them in the coop)... But the silkie lost all her silkie siblings this winter/spring so I picked up 8 at the tack store because well "birds of a feather flock together" ... so I had 8 silkie chicks, 1 white rock and 1 buttercup that are 5/6 weeks old (they're brooder and pen is connected to the coop so yesterday I tried putting the silkie girl in with them (she is SUPER docile) and they all just avoided each other. At night everyone went back to their corners, and then today I tried again putting them all together and then this evening, everyone was content in the big silkies pen so I tucked everyone in for the night at 8 - but curiosity got the best of me and when i went out at 10 to check on them ...

and AWWWWWW all of them were sleeping under the heat lamp in the corner ! the silkie girl seemed very happy to have friends that like her! ... I ran inside to get my camera but when I got back out, they had dispersed a bit (I'm assuming it was getting warm in that corner [​IMG] but i didn't want them going cold turkey in the larger portion of the coop (and it's supposed to rain all night x( ) ...

things like this just bring warm fuzzies to my heart - and it eases the pain of losing a very special girl on saturday...

[​IMG]

2. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    I agree...awwwwwwwwwwww. It really makes you feel good when you know you've made your pet happy doesn't it??? That's [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. kimb

kimb Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Quote:TOTALLY does ! ! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by