Ayam Cemani baby chicks

Discussion in 'Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs' started by Aringr, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Aringr

Aringr Just Hatched

Sep 18, 2016
    5 day old baby chicks. Offering 200 for a pair of chicks. The sex of the chick is unknown. Price will increase for known sex of the chicks in a few weeks. Will accept best offer. These are the rarest chickens around. They are pure black including the skin! I have 6 chicks available. They are Greenfire Farms bloodline.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  2. Pyxis

Pyxis Dark Sider Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    Where are you located? What line are they from? How did you sex them? Also it looks like the one pictured has white toenails, is that accurate? Sorry for 20 questions.

3. Aringr

Aringr Just Hatched

Sep 18, 2016
    Hi,

I am located in New Jersey. I have some with all black toe nails and right now some that are whitish pink. The nails will turn all black within a month. I sexed them with an old traditional way which is not 100 percent fool proof. I won't totally know the correct sex until about 6 weeks.

Hope this helps!

4. Pyxis

Pyxis Dark Sider Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    Thanks much! You're a little too far from me (I'm in VT) and I never use birds that have white or pink toes/toenails as chicks in my breeding flock since even though it darkens it's an indication of possible poor expression of the fibro gene so I will have to pass on these guys. I appreciate you answering my questions though!

Edit: By the way, I don't think I've seen you in the breeder's thread before - you should come join us!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  5. Aringr

Aringr Just Hatched

Sep 18, 2016
    Hi,

The bloodline is Greenfire farms. I do have some chicks that do not have the pink toenails.

Thank you,

Arin

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by