Ayam Cemani chicks all dying

greenthebean

Chirping
Jun 26, 2020
Hi guys, I have an issue that's really heart breaking and confusing. My partner purchased a flock of hens and a rooster from a reputable cemani breeder nearby, when they were chicks. They've since matured and starting laying eggs for us. We're using the GQF 1502 incubator and have no issues with other chicks dying. We've had about 9 cemani chicks hatch and every single one has died. I thought at first maybe there was too many chicks in the brooder, so I gave them their own cleaned up brooder, but alas they still don't make it. Most of them don't show any signs, they just up and die. I've been making sure to feed all my flocks a nice diet. I've never had this issue before, and I have no idea where to go from here. My first thought is maybe inbreeding, maybe the lady sold us a related rooster with the hens? I'm gonna see if I can contact her, but in the meantime, looking for anyone's advice or experiences with something similar.

I am sorry to hear that you have to go through that.I zm not an expert but ..could there be a temperature dorp do they do still in the incubator or in the Brooder ?

ACs require more heat than larger chicks. Try putting them by themselves in a small, climate-controlled brooder. A plastic tub with a heat lamp doesn't work well like it does with larger chicks.

They are from very warm regions so in terms of brooding them, they might require higher temperature to get there body to function properly. So monitoring the brooder temp might be necessary.

Back
Top Bottom