Ayam cross

Where did you get this information?
I know this from breeding my own birds, there is always a chance that a percentage of the birds will take most looks after the rooster/cockerel, a percentage they will take after the hen, and a percentage that they will have both well-seen traits of both the mom and dad. Its simple genetic traits.

I know this from breeding my own birds, there is always a chance that a percentage of the birds will take most looks after the rooster/cockerel, a percentage they will take after the hen, and a percentage that they will have both well-seen traits of both the mom and dad. Its simple genetic traits.
Yes, that's true.. but how can you know the exact percentages of traits the offspring will have?

Yes, that's true.. but how can you know the exact percentages of traits the offspring will have?
It's just the general guess of what happens, I've always had hatches come out with small portions each with that percentage. Tobi (cockerel in the profile picture of mine) is one of my percentages that has only his mother's traits, he was supposed to have equal to his mom and dad. To the general eye, he looks like a simple Light Brahma, an imperfect show bird. But he is also crossed with Columbian Wyandotte. There may not always be exact percentages, but its usually pretty much that portion every time. The general thought is that a portion of offspring will have the father's genes showing dominance, sometimes it can be switched to 50% even, its happened to me before. Then a portion of the mother's genes will be dominant, then the other portion is a mix of both genes. Or to be more exact you could go into 33 percentages dividing it equally with decimals too... My next hatch I expect 50% to look like both parents. The more together two close breeds or similar are bred though, and coding genes, the more the offspring will look like both parents.

Back
Top Bottom