Aye yiyi Freaking Idiots

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Mandymooligan, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Mandymooligan

Mandymooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Chino Valley, AZ
    There is a guy my hubby works with that asked if we would give him our extra roos to use as bait to get coyotes to come up so he can shoot them. [​IMG] This guy has no livestock he has to protect so why does he feel the need to shoot coyotes in the first place [​IMG] I don't mind if they go into someones freezer as long as they are not tortured in the process. What do y'all do with your extras to make sure they get good homes? This is not going to be easy.[​IMG]

2. CrazyCatLady76

CrazyCatLady76 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2011
    Hazard
    Quote:Because he has dogs or cats he wants to protect from the scroungy varmints? It's not just livestock they'll go after, after all.

3. Mandymooligan

Mar 18, 2011
    Chino Valley, AZ
    The only thing he has is a pen full of mountain lion hunting dogs. He just likes to kill the wildlife for sport.. As a matter of fact he told my hubby he throws cats into the pen with his hunting dogs to chew up.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  4. erinchelsea

erinchelsea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    Webster City, IA
    Quote:[​IMG] Oh, I wish I wouldn't have read that!!! [​IMG][​IMG] How awful! can't he be reported for animal cruelty for that?

5. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Sounds like a real winner to me... [​IMG]

Like you, I don't have a problem with the killing of an animal for food or for protection of you/yours. But folks who display brutality and cruelty (many of which seem to relish it) are just beyond my capacity for understanding...

There's really not much you can do with extra roos. Personally, if there was one I really liked, I'd try hard to find a home through CL, knowing that there's a chance he would be eaten. For the roos I wasn't fond of, I'd outright advertise them for free to anyone who wanted to humanely kill/process them. I'd like knowing that their life served a good purpose - feeding a family.

6. Mandymooligan

Mar 18, 2011
    Chino Valley, AZ
    Quote:[​IMG] Oh, I wish I wouldn't have read that!!! [​IMG][​IMG] How awful! can't he be reported for animal cruelty for that?

I don't have any idea. He would have to be caught in the act I would think. He is not getting my roosters that is for sure.

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    No roosters for that guy. I have no problem with killing any animal when necessary. I absolutely abhor cruel and inhumane treatment of animals.[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Yep. I agree with sour and there's no way on earth I'd give up anything to the guy. Is he genuine or just full of hot air? I know some guys who brag about such stuff, but when confronted, admit they were trying to sound "macho". They failed miserably.

9. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

What a waste of a rooster's life, IMO.

10. WalkerH

WalkerH Chillin' With My Peeps

Um why would you ever do that to a cat? That is just cruelty out right.

With our roos we plan on making a chicken tractor and then processing them once they turn about 5 months. That will probably fall to next years batch and we will probably just sell, as in free, to who ever wants to humanely process them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by