aylesburys???

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by roocrazy, Nov 29, 2010.

1. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    anybody have them? info? pictures?

2. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Isnt an Aylesbury duck just like a Pekin duck.

3. Omniskies

Omniskies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Missouri
    No, Aylesbury ducks are completely different from Pekins. I would love to get some, but can't find anyone who actually has some for sale.

4. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    gofasterstripe.. They have a differnt body shape and have the genetics to give them a pink bill and skin rather than the orange of a pekin. I have a drake - who is more like a dog as he will come and sit in the lounge room on his bed when I open the back door for him. Lovely boy most of the time- just TOO big!! I will put up some pics of him when I get off work.

5. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
  6. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    cant wait to see your drake ducky!!!

thanks

7. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Sorry to keep you waiting... I got side tracked trying to organise picking up a few new ducks. ( like I need any more.... I have 50 at the moment. But these are to improve the colour in my flock )

[​IMG]
    He wanders inside any time the back door is left open.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He had an issue with too much orange in his bill for some time as he had a fondness for burger rings as he was growing up. ( think corn and food dye..burger rings are a kind of snack food ) He is fairly small for his breed- but still by far the largest Drake I have ever owned. He is a big sook at times and loves his cuddles. He used to come inside and sit in a dogs bed while we watched Friday night football.

8. Chickies-duckies-etc

Chickies-duckies-etc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2008
    Kansas
    Do a search for "aylesbury ducks". There have been other threads. There are a few places across the country that sell them. Not many though. I know a farm that raises them for meat that might sell you some ducklings in the spring. PM me for their name if you are interested - I have never seen them post on this forum.

duckyfromoz - that is a beautiful boy!! Makes me wish again I could get some of them. How much bigger than other ducks is he?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  9. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I will get him out of his pen...and take a photo of him next to an Indian Runner for a comparison.

10. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    WOW, they look larger than the Pekins...are they???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by