AZ family looking for babies to adopt/buy!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by cardsyourway_us, May 3, 2008.

1. cardsyourway_us

cardsyourway_us Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    We've been nesting for a couple months, preparing to bring home some chicks that were hatched at a local school. Those chicks didn't make it through a weekend with an inexperienced teacher, and now we're looking for 2 or 3 hatchings to call our own.

Ideally we're looking for Red Star, Rhode Island, and/or Ameraucana. (Pullet Chicks)

The Mesa Feed Barn said they won't be getting chicks until late this month, and they don't have Red Star, so we'd like to try our luck here!

Thank you so much for all the advice on this forum!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  2. BasenjiFan

BasenjiFan Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2008
    Arizona
    Try Western Ranchman, it's on Bell and 32nd in Scottsdale/Phoenix. I bought 5 itty-bitty chickies there on Thursday (I think they had just arrived earlier that day). They had "reds" (maybe RIR?), Ameraucanas, Turkens (naked necks), barred rocks, and "buffs" (I asked if they were Buff Orps and they said yes, but we'll see [​IMG] ) Supposedly they are all pullets from Ideal or some hatchery in CA called "Redwing."

Here's a local guide listing for Western Ranchman: http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=20007761

3. greentree

greentree Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2008
    Hey Basejifan, that horse looks familiar....Did you post on ABH and AHA???

Nancy--another Arabian horse owner

4. cardsyourway_us

cardsyourway_us Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    Thanks! I'll try them. [​IMG]

5. BasenjiFan

BasenjiFan Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2008
    Arizona
    cardsyourway_us: You're very welcome, good luck!

Quote:I might have once or twice, on AHA... I can't remember what ABH is (but that doesn't mean I didn't join, lol). I don't think I posted pictures of him before... but it was a while ago. I've owned Bascat (gelding) for the past 9 of his 10 years and never showed him, he acts like a Cerebellar Abiotrophy horse, so he's only ridden at a walk at home (maybe if you've ridden/walked by our house you've seen him in person, people have stopped by to admire him [​IMG]). Bascat is by Intense (a *Bask bred stud that was owned locally around Scottsdale) and out of a *Muscat daughter (died while having her second foal). He takes after the Muscat line, so maybe his breeding makes him look familiar? Anyway, small world, eh?
    Nice to meet another Arabian horse owner. [​IMG]
    Keri

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by