AZ members - Harvest for Humanity 1/3

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by crazy hen quartet, Jan 2, 2009.

1. crazy hen quartet

crazy hen quartet Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2008
    Chandler AZ
    Sorry for the short notice, I was just contacted.

I am trusting this message finds you off to a great start for 2009. A great year to shine. And what better way to shine than to lend a loving hand, by helping supply food to the less fortunate. Turnips to be exact. We have about an acre of turnips that are just waiting for us to pluck them from the ground and get them to the food banks.
    We will be picking again this Sat. Jan 3, in Tempe - Guadalupe Road just East of Rural on the North side of the street. (between Arby's and office complex)

We will start the picking around 8:30 a.m. so come out any time from then on. It won't take us very long, maybe until noon. We will only be picking 3 bins, as opposed to the 7 we did the last time.

Please feel free to forward this to anyone else. It is a fun time, great people, good exercise and a great way to give back for all of the incredible blessings in our own lives.

Dress warm and if you have water proof gloves and "rain" pants, it would be a good idea. The turnips have dew on them. Also, shoes get wet and muddy. How much fun is that????

Peace and Happiness to you, hope to see you Tomorrow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by