AZ Sizzle fan seeking breeding info

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by sarahssizzles, Apr 12, 2008.

1. sarahssizzles

sarahssizzles Out Of The Brooder

Nov 7, 2007
    Cave Creek
    Hey! I know there are other folks out there breeding Sizzles!! I'd sure like to know what your doing to stablize the breeding. Anyone want to share ideas???
    sarah

2. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    I'd like to know what a sizzle is?
    Is it a silkie x frizzle?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  3. sarahssizzles

Nov 7, 2007
    Cave Creek
    Right in one! Sizzle is a cross of Silkie Frizzle. From the Silkie side it should have - 5 toes, blue skin, a Silkie type comb, and a top knot. From the Frizzled Cochin side it will get - regular curly feathers. If it has all those things but a Silkie type feather...I call it a Frilkie. As soon as I figure out how, I'll put up pics of my best so far.
    Thanks for asking!
    Sarah

4. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    does the frizzle breed true? like if i bred a frizzle with something else

5. sarahssizzles

Nov 7, 2007
    Cave Creek
    My understanding is that the gene for Frizzle is a mutation that can show up or be breed into any breed. You do not breed curly frizzles to curly frizzles or you get chickens that can be or become bald. You have to breed the curly to a smooth with the frizzle gene & then your ratio of smooth & curly are about 50/50. Breed to a smooth with out the frizzle gene will give you about a 25% chance of curlies plus a 25% chance of smooths with frizzle genes...you just don't know which ones they are.

Right now I'm breeding my frizzle crosses back to my smooth crosses trying to stabilize my
    ability to produce good Sizzles. I have a lot of crosses right now but only consider two of them good enough to call Sizzles. I have over thirty eggs in the incubator from these pairings and am really looking forward to seeing the results.

Just wish I could find someone else to share info with!

Thanks for the interest
    Sarah

6. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    I thought Silkies had black skin, not blue skin.

7. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    I live in arizona but never touched a frizzle

8. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    Silkie skin is kind slate colored. I wish I could make one with hot pink fer...and really bright purple skin.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by