Azure Hatching Eggs and Blue Quail Eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ldrchickens, Jan 15, 2019.

1. ldrchickens

ldrchickens Songster

Jul 1, 2018
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Has anybody heard of Azure chicken Hatching eggs as well as blue quail eggs? On facebook this farm was advertising the alchemist blue coturnix quial eggs but i am wondering how legit they are because on their website they also have Azure chicken eggs for hatching and they are so blue its unreal? Has anyone heard of or used alchemist farms? Are they legit?

https://www.alchemistfarm.com/product-category/fertile-hatching-eggs/

LlamaGirl4 likes this.
  2. mixedUPturk

mixedUPturk Crowing

May 28, 2015
    Zachary, LA
    :frow i can say yes there is a strain of quail that lays light blue eggs.

I followed the link read the "about us" page and all of the the home screen sale ads. Seems legit and id chance buying from them. I will be glad to follow this thread.

ldrchickens likes this.
  3. ldrchickens

ldrchickens Songster

Jul 1, 2018
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    I really think i am gonna chance it once i get my incubator fired up!

mixedUPturk likes this.
  4. mixedUPturk

mixedUPturk Crowing

May 28, 2015
    Zachary, LA
    Im gonna check out their facebook page later(once im ready to face the stalkers :rolleyes:) there aren't any reviews on the website but google seach says there are 34 reviews on their fb page.

ldrchickens likes this.
  5. Mosey2003

Mosey2003 Crowing

Apr 13, 2016
    NC IL
    I'm gonna bet they tinkered with the photos in Photoshop. Even their Crested Cream Legbar eggs look super blue, which I know isn't typical.

Unless they're some kind of blue egg breeding geniuses. Which, I guess is possible. Give it a shot if you have the money to spend.

aart, ldrchickens and mixedUPturk like this.
  6. FnWeirdo

FnWeirdo Songster

Sep 6, 2018
    u.p. mi
    i was reading their page and the very light blue chicken eggs come from an awesome swedish breed called the isbar. they took an blue isbar rooster and crossed it into something else. i will say those are some beautiful birds. the isbar goes for 29$ each unsexed chick on green fire. interesting breed

ldrchickens and mixedUPturk like this.
  7. Mosey2003

Mosey2003 Crowing

Apr 13, 2016
    NC IL
    Yeah, I've heard of the Isbars. There's a local lady that tries to sell chicks of that breed every year and nobody ever wants them. The eggs she posts from them are mostly green, not blue, and nothing special. I will remain skeptical unless I see one of those "super saturated blue" eggs in person.

aart, ldrchickens and mixedUPturk like this.
  8. FnWeirdo

FnWeirdo Songster

Sep 6, 2018
    u.p. mi
    Isbars seem to be a pretty awesome chicken.. ill say thats a very light blue so mayhaps be doctored pics. but the isbars lay very light green eggs. they are the only single comb breed that lays green eggs. maybe those crazy light green eggs with something else equals very light blue. i personally think the prices are crazy and it looks a little too good to be true but if its not... i want to know how they get those egg colors XD

ldrchickens likes this.
  9. Mosey2003

Mosey2003 Crowing

Apr 13, 2016
    NC IL
    That's what they're counting on :lau

ldrchickens likes this.
  10. FnWeirdo

FnWeirdo Songster

Sep 6, 2018
    u.p. mi
    i got a silver laced ameracauna rooster... someone lone me a isbar hen so i can see if the chicks eggs come out bright blue XD lol

ldrchickens likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: