B.B. Red Old English Game / Loud Roosters?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Diavolicchio, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Diavolicchio

Diavolicchio Buk Buk Buk Buh-GAWWWK

[​IMG]

I'm fascinated with the beauty of BB Red Old English Game roosters and am interested in getting a couple simply as exhibition birds. Something tells me though that they're a handful, potentially aggressive and quite loud. And I'm basing this on nothing but a gut hunch and the cocky way these roosters carry themselves.

Just how loud and annoying and difficult are we talking about? As with any breed, I understand it's on a case per case basis, but there must be some qualities and characteristics that generally apply to these particular roosters. How well do they get along with other breeds?

I'd love to hear of people's personal experiences with them. I would be adding a couple cockerels to the collection of new chicks listed in my signature file.

Buk-Buk-Buk.................Buh-GAWWWWWK! [​IMG]

John

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  2. killer

killer Chillin' With My Peeps

they are no louder than my other roos. but with that being said they are more aggressive, if another roo come in his area he will protect it.

3. hankus

hankus Out Of The Brooder

Dec 13, 2009
    My neighbor has one and he ain't no louder than the leghorns in the bach pad, but he is dead game and has to have the yard to himself.

4. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    they are the sweetest things in the world and not aggresive at all, not louder than any other bantam rooster.

5. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Mine weren't loud,but DID want to be "Cock of the walk"

6. Kennyog

Kennyog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Oak Grove
    I had one that was just beautiful.He was no louder than any others.But he was game as they come,and he hated my guts.He was in a pen with some hens.He would meet me at the door at feeding time and was hell bent to keep me out.If he hadn't been so darn pretty, i would have made shake and bake out of him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by